Mango, Coconut, Passion Fruit Cake
Original Recipe by Jordi Bordas, Director of the "Jordi Bordas" Pastry School in Viladecans, Barcelona. Bordas was crowned World Pastry Champion in 2011, and is an international consultant and teacher, and creator of the B-Concept Method, Recipe Source: RAVIFRUIT
- hand blender
Coconut and Passionfruit Cake Mix
- 117 grams Pasteurized Egg Yolks
- 331 grams Ravifruit Coconut Puree
- 397 grams Butter 82%
- 287 grams Sugar
- 309 grams Ground Almonds
- 66 grams Grated Coconut
- 362 grams Rice Flour
- 13 grams Baking Powder
- 1730 grams Ravifruit Mango puree
- 151 grams Sugar
- 40 grams Pectin NH
- 13 grams Hot Neutral Procrema 5G Emulsifier
- 226 grams Pasturized Egg Yolks
- 352 grams 82% Butter
Coconut and Passion Fruit Cake Instructions
- Heat the egg yolks and purées separately to 25°C, and the butter to 35°C
- Add the yolks to the butter, and emulsify vigorously using a hand-held blender.
- Gradually add the purées.
- Add the sugar and incorporate with the blender.
- Add the ground almonds and grated coconut and blend for another minute.
- Sift the rice flour and baking powder together and gently fold them into the mixture.
- Pour into cake moulds and bake at 145C for 28 minutes without the fan
Mango Cream Instructions
- Mix together the sugar, pectin and emulsifier.
- Heat the purée and the egg yolks to 45°C then incorporate the sugar mixture.
- Heat to 85°C stirring constantly.
- Refrigerate for one hour (to activate the emulsifier).
- Take the mixture our of the fridge and heat to 40C
- Heat butter to 35C
- Gradually mix in the butter, emulsifying vigorously with the blender.
- Use immediately or keep chilled at 4°C.
- Spread melted butter on the sides of the cake moulds (19 x 4.5 x 6 cm with insert tube) and dust with rice flour.Pipe the cake mixture into the moulds and bake them.Leave to cool to 35-40°C, unmould and freeze.Make the cream and pipe it into the cakes.Use the same cream to smooth the surface of the cakes and decorate them with a piping bag using a multi-hole nozzle.Decorate with small cubes of fresh mango and lime zest.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!