Chocolate, caramels and pecans in a crispy, oatmeal crust.
- 14 ounces light candy caramels
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 cups Guittard Real Semisweet Choc. Chips divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9x13x2-inch pan.
- Melt caramels and evaporated milk in heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In large bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and melted butter.
- Press half of crumbs into bottom of prepared 9x13x2-inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350ºF.
- Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of chips and pecans over crust.
- Pour and spread caramel mixture to cover chips and pecans
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup chips with crumbs and sprinkle over top.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into 48 bars.
- Melt caramels and milk in small glass bowl on high for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes, stirring after each minute until smooth. Proceed as directed above.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!