No-Bake Mango Passion Cheesecake
FOR THE BASE:
- 1 ½ cups (150 g) Graham crackers/ Digestive Biscuit/ Or Cacao Barry Paillete Feuilletine
- ¼ cup (55 g) butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- ¾ cup (180 mL) heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz (225 g) Cacao Barry White Satin Pistoles chocolate
- 11 oz (300 g) cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) Ravifruit mango puree
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp CuisineTech gelatin powder
- ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- 1 – 1 ½ cups Ravifruit Mango Passion Fruit Compote or approx 2 fresh diced mangos
FOR THE TOPPING:
Source: Hot Chocolate Hits
- If using graham crackers crush using a food processor or by placing them into a Zip bag and smashing them with a rolling pin.
- Stir the feuilletine with the melted butter and press on the bottom of an 8-inch (20 cm) springform tin. Set the base aside.
- In a bowl, whip the heavy cream until the result is soft peaks. Beat in the cream cheese.
- Next, melt the white chocolate either over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring after every 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Quickly whisk the white chocolate into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add in the mango puree and fresh lemon juice until everything is smooth.
- In a microwave safe bowl, stir together the gelatin and water. Let the mixture stand for about 5 minutes to bloom and thicken, then dissolve in the microwave over 15 second increments or over a stovetop over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Gradually drip in 6 tablespoons of the cheesecake batter stirring continuously. Work quickly as the gelatin powder will begin to set as soon as it has been melted.
- Add the tempered gelatin to the rest of the cheesecake batter stirring immediately after it has been added.
- Fold in the mango passion compote. The chunks should be 1 cm cubes. This recipe is great using fresh mango, but if you prefer to leave the mango chunks out, you could replace them with fresh raspberries, strawberries or peaches.
- Pour the filling into the springform pan and dollop with the mango passion compote.
- Using a toothpick, swirl the mango puree into the cheesecake- but beware, over-swirling is actually over-mixing and you’ll end up with a messy surface devoid of a swirl pattern.
- Chill the cheesecake for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight, until set.
- Garnish with mango passion compote and serve chilled.
Recipe adapted from Hot Chocolate Hits