Mango Puree Pound Cake
This recipe comes from One Sarcastic Baker Check them out for more great recipes.
This recipe has been remixed to include Rader Products.
- 2 1/2 Cups AP Flour (300 g / 11 oz)
- 1 TBS Potato Starch
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Ravifruit Mango Puree
- 1 Cup Sour Cream (480 ml/ 8 oz)
- 2 TBS Fresh squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 tsp BoyajianVan. extract
- 1/2 tsp Boyajian Pure Orange Oil
- 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, soften (170 g/ 6 oz)
- 3 Cups Sugar ( 600 g/ 21 oz)
- 1 tsp Ravifruit orange zest
- 5 Large Eggs
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
Whipped Cream (optional)
- 1 Cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 1 Ripe Mango, cut into small cubes
To Make the cake
(Start with all ingredients are at room temperature.)
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease bundt cake.
In a bowl, combine the flour, potato starch, salt, baking soda and Cayenne pepper whisk to combine and set a side.
Combine the mango puree, sour cream, orange juice, orange oil and vanilla extract and whisk to combine
In a bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, sugar and orange zest on medium speed for about 3-4 minutes.
Add the egg yolks and eggs one at a time making sure each egg had fully incorporated before adding the next one. Scrap bowl with a spatula.
Add the flour mixture alternating with the sour cream mixture in 3 or 4 additions, starting and finishing with the dry. After adding the last part of the dry mixture, stop the mixing and using a rubber spatula, scrap bowl to make sure all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
Fill the greased pan and bake on the middle rack for 50-55 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out dry when inserting in the center of the cake.