Kulfi is a popular Indian Dessert. This recipe is from Veg Recipes of India and was remixed to use Rader Products.
- 2.5 cups cow's milk or almond milk
- 2.5 cups Ravifruit mango puree
- ¼ cup sugar - depends on the sweetness of the mangoes. so adjust accordingly.
- 4 to 5 green cardamom crushed or ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 12 to 15 Nutley Pistachios Shelled - blanched or soaked, peeled and sliced. keep some for garnishing
- 2 to 3 tablespoon Patis'France Almond Paste (or khoya (mawa or dried evaporated milk solids) - optional
- 2.5 or 3 tablespoon rice flour or 2 tablespoon corn flour dissolved in 3 tablespoon regular milk or almond milk
Put saffron and almond milk in a pan.
Heat on a low flame. just let the almond milk come to a gentle heat. don't boil the almond milk.
If using dairy milk then simmer on a low flame for about 15 to 18 mins.
Add sugar. Stir till the sugar has dissolved.
Dissolve the rice flour in 3 tbsp milk.
Add this rice flour paste to the milk. Keep on stirring so that no lumps are formed.
Cook on a low flame. Stir in between.
Continue to cook till the mixture thickens. Switch off the flame.
Add the almond paste, Stir and let the mixture cool.
Add the mango puree, pistachio slices and mix well.
Pour mango kulfi into serving bowls or kulfi moulds. Freeze for 8-10 hours.
Serve cold and top with saffron, sliced pistachios, cardamom powder or falooda.
Source: Veg Recipes Of India- Recipe adapted