Coconut and Passion Fruit Cake Mixture
117q Pasturized egg yolks
397g Butter 82%
309g Ground Almonds
66g Grated Coconut
362g Rice Flour
13g Baking Powder
- Heat the egg yolks and purées separately to 25°C, and the butter to 35°C
- Add the yolks to the butter, and emulsify vigorously using a hand-held blender.
- Gradually add the purées.
- Add the sugar and incorporate with the blender.
- Add the ground almonds and grated coconut and blend for another minute.
- Sift the rice flour and baking powder together and gently fold them into the mixture.
- Pour into cake moulds and bake at 145C for 28 minutes without the fan
1730g Ravifruit Mango Puree
40g Pectin NH
13g Hot Neutral Procrema 5G Emulsifier
226g Pasturized Egg Yolks
352g Butter 82%
- Mix together the sugar, pectin and emulsifier.
- Heat the purée and the egg yolks to 45°C then incorporate the sugar mixture.
- Heat to 85°C stirring constantly.
- Refrigerate for one hour (to activate the emulsifier).
- Take the mixture our of the fridge and heat to 40C
- Heat butter to 35C
- Gradually mix in the butter, emulsifying vigorously with the blender.
- Use immediately or keep chilled at 4°C.
- Spread melted butter on the sides of the cake moulds (19 x 4.5 x 6 cm with insert tube) and dust with rice flour.
- Pipe the cake mixture into the moulds and bake them.
- Leave to cool to 35-40°C, unmould and freeze.
- Make the cream and pipe it into the cakes.
- Use the same cream to smooth the surface of the cakes and decorate them with a piping bag using a multi-hole nozzle.
- Decorate with small cubes of fresh mango and lime zest.
Source: Ravifruit and Jordi Bordas