Coconut Lemon Ice Cream Cake
- 1 package (11.2 ounces) shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup Patis'France coconut extra fine, (toast prior)
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 1 teaspoon Ravifruit lemon zest
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Optional: Fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
- Set aside10 cookies for decoration. Crush remaining cookies; transfer to a bowl. Stir in coconut, macadamia nuts and lemon zest. Reserve 2 tablespoons crumb mixture for topping. In a large bowl, whisk cream of coconut and lemon juice until combined. Stir in softened ice cream until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Sprinkle 1 cup crumb mixture onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Top with half the ice cream mixture. Layer with remaining 1 cup crumbs and ice cream mixture. Place the remaining whole cookies around edge of pan. Top with remaining 2-1/2 cups whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons crumb mixture. Freeze, covered, until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight. May also serve with berries.
Taste of Home Editor Note
To toast nuts and coconut, bake in separate shallow pans in a 350°F oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Instructions adapted from Taste of Home Site