Blood Orange Margarita Cocktail
Ingredients for margarita:
- 2 ounces silver/blanco tequila
- 2 ounces Ravifruit blood orange puree
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice (about 1 lime, juiced)
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar
- 1 tiny drop Gahara vanilla extract (optional)
Salt and brown sugar rim (use all salt if you want)
- 2 teaspoons kosher sea salt and/or Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- Lime wedges
- Mix together the salt and sugar on a small plate (preferably one just slightly larger than the top of your margarita glass). Run a wedge of lime around the top of your glass. Dip the top of the glass into the salt blend at a 45-degree angle and roll it from side to side to catch the salt. Add ice cubes to your glass and set it aside.
- Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the tequila, freshly squeezed blood orange and lime juice and agave nectar. If desired, add a drop of vanilla extract (don’t pour it straight from the bottle, I used the blunt end of a fork as a dropper).
- Put on the lid and shake for 30 seconds. Strain the liquid into your glass and garnish with a slice of blood orange, if desired.
- Recommended tequila: Espolón, Milagro or any other 100 percent agave silver tequila.