Passion Fruit Facts
- Passion fruit is native to brazil.
- Brazilians are crazy about them: Brazil grows more and eats more passion fruit than any other country on earth.
- Technically it's a berry and one fruit has only 17 calories. The dark seeds are crunchy but edible.
- It's known to have calming properties and it's used as a sleeping aid, to calm nerves and relieve anxiety. So if you're feeling edgy, try it for a few days and see.
Passion Fruit Recipes
Tips and Tricks
- Store unripe passion fruit at room temperature until skin is wrinkly.
- Ripe passion fruit can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Passion fruit can be used to make a curd or simple syrup for cocktails and other beverages. Incorporate it into a frosting or a glaze or cook the puree down with a bit of sugar for something to drizzle over yogurt and ice cream. (Source: Washington Post)
- Passion fruit pairs well with. chocolate, but it is said to avoid dark chocolate because the bitter compounds of the chocolate fight with the sharpness of the fruit. Milk chocolate and White chocolate work great!